Skin aging is caused by various factors that are controlled by different groups of genes. In a study (Chang et al, J Invest Derm, 2015), dermatologists at Stanford University Medical Center were able to identify candidate genes associated with youthful-appearing facial skin. The genes associated with skin youthfulness were distinct from the genes that have previously been associated with exceptional longevity. The gene variants were not due to ethnic differences. Instead, healthy-looking skin may, in part, be inherited.
Articles in this section
- Is my iDDNA® a medical treatment?
- How does my DNA AGE work?
- What does your my iDDNA® score mean?
- Why aren’t your genes your destiny?
- Is my iDDNA® a diagnostic test?
- What do you mean by “Photo-aging”?
- What do you mean by ‘Chrono-aging’?
- Where is the science behind an online questionnaire?
- What does my iDDNA® AI wrinkle recognition score mean?
- What is the best UVA-UVB protection skincare?