Premature skin aging presents as a noticeable loss of glowing complexion and an increase in dark circles, fine lines and elasticity. One of the biggest mistakes people make is to disrupt the delicate skin around their eyes. Rubbing and pulling the skin in this area can cause darkness. Be sure to get enough sleep each night: Your skin renews and repairs itself while you sleep, which can’t happen if you’re missing out on the sleep your body needs. Sleeping on your side isn’t good for your skin, as it can break down your facial skin, which eventually causes wrinkles. Pursing your lips while drinking out of straws or smoking can also cause lip wrinkles. Speaking of smoking, the chemicals in tobacco can also prematurely age your skin. Smokers and frequent sunbathers often suffer from premature aging, as smoking and sun damage are the two biggest factors in premature aging. Although some medical conditions cause premature aging, the majority of people who experience premature aging do so due to personal choices, such as drug use, heavy drinking and smoking.
Articles in this section
- What is my menopause age?
- Why is my circadian rhythm important for active aging prevention?
- Why is my iDDNA® different from a DNA test?
- How is my iDDNA® creating an active protection around myself?
- What if I have medical conditions or are taking medications, can I input this into the system?
- Can my iDDNA® provide a medical diagnosis, advice or treatment options?
- Why does my iDDNA® include a sample food plan - is that a diet?
- Why isn’t this simpler?
- Which food choices are important for your general well-being?
- What does “Premature aging” look like?